Frequently Asked Questions
Welcome to our list of frequently asked questions! Touch the icon to display answers.
Where are my events stored?
149 Live Calendar includes a secure cloud storage for your events, synchronized across all your devices.
In addition, you can also store events in your Google calendar or any other calendar set up on your phone.
Set the default calendar to store new events using "Calendars / Set default calendar", or just select it when adding a new event.
How to set up reminders?
You can define up to three reminders for each of your events or birthdays using the event detail view. When creating a new event, the reminder default is set to 15 minutes before event start. For birthdays, two reminders are set by default: One day before and on birthday date.
You can change these default settings as well as default settings for imported birthdays via the "Settings" menu option.
Why do notifications stop working after a few days (Samsung devices)?
Newer Samsung devices come with Samsung Smart Manager pre-installed, cancelling all pending notifications of apps which have not been used for three days.
Disabling the "optimization" for 149 Live Calendar solves this issue.
(1) Open Samsung Smart Manager, and touch "Battery".
(2) In the following view, touch "Detail" within the "App optimization" section
(3) Select 149 Live Calendar, and choose "Turned off for" in the following dialog
Why are notifications not working (Huawei devices)?
Newer Huawei devices come with Huawei Battery Manager pre-installed, terminating apps and cancelling pending notifications once the screen is turned off.
Adding 149 Live Calendar to the list of "Protected Apps" solves this issue.
(1) Open Huawei Phone Manager and touch "% remaining"
(2) Touch "Protected apps", and allow 149 Live Calendar to keep running after the screen is turned off.
Why are notifications not working (Sony devices)?
Many Sony devices support a "Stamina" power management setting. In Stamina mode, all pending notifications are cancelled once the screen is turned off.
Adding 149 Live Calendar to the list of white listed apps solves this issue.
(1) Navigate to "Power management settings" of your Sony device
(2) Touch "Stamina mode", and add 149 Live Calendar to the list of apps which can be active in standby.
What kind of notifications are available?
149 Live Calendar can notify you of upcoming events or birthdays via sound, vibration, popup, or any combination of these options. Use the alert type option in "Settings / Notifications" to set your preference.
When using sound, you can set the alert volume independent of the general volume for notifications - which is useful when you would like for example a low volume for general notifications like e-mail, but a higher notification volume for your event reminders.
How to define recurring events?
To add an event which occurs for example every few days, every week, or once a year, define event start, event end, and all other fields as for the first occurrence of your event.
Then, select the "Repeat" button in event details and chose one of the available options. Here you can also define how many times the event should be scheduled, or set an end date for the event series.
What weather forecast information is shown for my events?
149 Live Calendar retrieves local weather forecast information for each of your events up to one week in advance.
So when planning a visit to a different city or country, the latest weather forecast for each of your destinations will always be available - no matter how many different locations your calendar may contain.
For events more than one day in the future, weather forecast information is given for the day and location of event. Events starting less than 24 hours from now will show weather forecast information for the start hour at event location. For multi-day events, weather information is given for each day of the multi-day event.
What is the difference between events and ToDos?
Events are planned in your calendar for a specific point in time - for example a doctor's visit or a weekly meeting. ToDos have a target date / time, and should be done on or before the target date.
In case a ToDo such as placing a call or buying flowers is not done when the target date is reached, the ToDo stays visible in your calendar on the current day - until it is finally marked as "Done".
What is the 149 Live Calendar ChatBot for Messenger?
Our ChatBot lets you quickly access your calendar and find events or free spots while in Facebook Messenger.
A conversation with the bot is started by searching for 149 Technologies in Facebook Messenger. You will be prompted to link your 149 Live Calendar account in a next step, and are ready to go!
What questions can the ChatBot answer?
The ChatBot understands English and German questions. Try the following to start:
What is my next meeting?
Any events today (tomorrow, next week)?
Show events from next Monday
When is Steve's birthday?
When am I in Berlin?
Logout ends the conversation and unlinks your 149 Live Calendar account from the bot. Our German FAQ shows sample questions in German.
Why connect my Google account to 149 Live Calendar?
When connecting your Google account to 149 Live Calendar, updates from and to your Google calendars are carried out faster, and less battery is used for refresh actions. And, your Google events can also be accessed from our Facebook Messenger ChatBot.
Why connect my Facebook account to 149 Live Calendar?
Connecting your Facebook account includes your Facebook events in 149 Live Calendar, and lets you respond (RSVP) to Facebook events as to all other events in 149 Live Calendar. And, your Facebook events can also be accessed from our Facebook Messenger ChatBot.
How can I import birthdays of my Facebook friends in 149 Live Calendar?
You can import birthdays of your Facebook friends via WebCal following these three steps:
(1) Open your Facebook account from a PC. Navigate to "Events" using the left navigation menu.
(2) On the bottom right, you find a box explaining that you can add your events to other calendars. Right-click on the "Birthdays" link, and choose "Copy link address" from the browser popup menu.
(3) Visit the 149tech.com/tools section of our home page. Click "Import WebCal calendar". Enter the e-mail address and password you used when registering for 149 Live Calendar on Android, and paste the link you copied in step (2) into the "webcal://" field. Click "Import". Done.
How to import / subscribe to WebCal calendars?
The WebCal protocol allows you to import calendars from iCloud, Facebook, and many more external calendar sources. After import, WebCal calendars are refreshed once a day.
To add a WebCal calendar to your account, visit the 149tech.com/tools section of our home page. Click "Import WebCal calendar". Enter the e-mail address and password you used when registering for 149 Live Calendar on Android, and paste the calendar address into the "webcal://" field. Click "Import". Done.
What is the 149 Live Calendar MS Outlook Plug-In?
The 149 Live Calendar Outlook Plug-In is a MS Windows application which needs to be installed on the PC running MS Outlook.
It then allows you to select the calendars to be uploaded to 149 Live Calendar. Once set up, you can choose to have all changes to your Outlook calendars uploaded automatically.
Which login / password do I use for the MS Outlook Plug-In?
Please use the e-mail address / password you used when signing up for the 149 Live Calendar App on Android.
If you are logged in into the App on Android, you can see the e-mail address of your account when selecting the "About Me" menu option.
How to connect my MS Exchange or Windows Live calendars?
To access MS Exchange or Windows Live calendars, you need to connect your Microsoft account to your smartphone.
(1) Locate the Android Settings app on your phone, and touch the "Accounts" option. A list of accounts connected to your phone appears.
(2) If there is already an "Microsoft Exchange Active Sync" entry within the list, touch the entry and check if you can find the account you wish to access calendars from in the list.
If you cannot find the desired Microsoft account, click here.
(3) Touch the account you wish to access calendars from. Check the "Calendar" option. Touch "Sync Now" to initiate a first synchronization. Done!
(2) Touch "Add account" from the account list. Touch "Microsoft Exchange Active Sync", and enter your Microsoft account e-mail address and password. Touch "Next".
(3) After successful validation of e-mail address and password, the account settings view is displayed. Check the "Calendar" option. Uncheck all other data types unless you also want to sync them to your device. Save settings. Done!
How to avoid status notifications on my smart watch?
Just disable status notification using the "Settings" menu option.